Internet Dating Sites
In today's world, Internet dating sites don't carry the same stigma they used to have. Sure, there will still be married people and jerks out there, but those people are out in the "real" dating world too, so what's the difference? Nowadays, the people you meet on Internet dating sites are people with a unique schedule who can't go out and meet others through traditional means, people who don't like the singles scene or meeting someone through church groups, or (similarly) people who aren't comfortable meeting strangers face-to-face.
The Benefits of Internet Dating Sites
For the reasons mentioned above, many people are turning to Internet dating sites. Here are a few reasons why:
- If you decide to meet someone through Internet dating sites, you can do it on your terms, meaning you can log on when it's convenient for you.
- You can meet a wider variety of people, and you get to choose who you want to talk to, which makes it easier to find someone who has similar interests.
- You can get to know someone through email or online chat sessions before you meet them in person. Sure, that first in-person meeting might still carry a great deal of nervousness and butterflies in your stomach, but at least you already know this person on some level.
- Most Internet dating sites will keep your identity a secret unless or until you want to reveal it to someone. As an extra-added measure of security, most Internet dating services will give you an email address through their site. That way, you don't have to give out your personal email address.
Is Internet Dating Expensive?
This is a very valid question. There are dating services out there that charge a premium for their service. For example, there's one called "It's Just Lunch" that is good in theory, but it costs over $1,000! Most Internet dating sites charge far less than that. (We saw one that costs $35.)
There are sites out there that will let you use their service on a trial basis, which gives you full membership benefits, but only for a limited time. Then if you think it's something you'd like to explore further, you can join. That's really the best way to get a taste of Internet dating.
- Match.com - Find Singles at the World's Largest Online Dating ...
- Top Ten Online Dating Sites
- Google Answers: internet dating sites
- Online Internet Dating, Match Making, Reviews, Tips & Advice
- Personals, Chat, Meet Singles @ AmericanSingles.com
- Online Dating Services - Singles, Personals and Dating Sites Directory
- Dating at BizRate
- Internet dating sites - Take the confusion out of dating
- Dating Info Sites
- Internet Online Dating Personals Websites Matchmaking Links
All material copyright © 2006 Dating Dilemma. All rights reserved.